8 ounces sushi-grade tuna
2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup mirin
1/4 cup sake
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, ginger, and garlic to make the marinade.
2. Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch thick slices and place in a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the tuna and let marinate for 15-30 minutes.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil.
4. Remove the tuna from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Place the tuna slices in the hot skillet and sear for 30 seconds on each side.
5. Roll the tuna pieces into the sesame seeds. Make sure the tuna is fully covered.
6. Remove the tuna from the skillet and slice into thin strips.
To serve, arrange the tuna on a platter, serve with green onions. Enjoy!